Draw on the knowledge and expertise of our Griffith Tourism Team who know the region and operators and can help you with your next event. Our team can offer support and advice on a range of event needs, whether it be guidance for dealings with other divisions of Council, or a letter of support for grant applications, we can offer advice and assistance where possible. Our team want to help ensure your event is a success as it ensures our city is a desirable tourism destination.
Below are links to resources to assist you on planning your event in Griffith. For more information, get in touch by contacting the Tourism Hub on 1800 681 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Griffith Online Calendar – Free event listings are available through the Visit Griffith website’s online calendar. List your event HERE.
- ATDW – List your event on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) for free. You will need to be registered with ATDW, then create your event listing providing event details and supplying a high-resolution image. Check out this ATDW event listing step-by-step guide.
- Seasonal What’s On Guides – Events listed on the online Events Calendar will then be added to the Seasonal What’s On Guide subject to approval and space restrictions. In order to be considered in the Seasonal What’s On Guide, events must be submitted no later than the dates outlined below.
|Edition||Event content due by||Distributed to operators|
|Summer||Last week in October||Last week in November|
|Autumn||Last week in January||Last week in February|
|Winter||Last week in April||Last week in May|
|Spring||Last week in July||Last week in August|
- Social Media – Post your activities on social media and tag @VisitGriffith or #VisitGriffith to allow us to share to a wider audience (9,600+ Facebook followers, 3,500+ Instagram followers). Capture any photos of your event and send them to Visit Griffith so we can promote you in the future.
- Venue Guide – A full list of Griffith’s venues will help you plan your next event
- Event Policy and Decision Tool – This Policy is to assist event organisers decide when an event requires development
consent or other approval from Griffith City Council.