Griffith Court House


Read more

The Griffith Court House was opened by the Hon. J.R. Lee, M.L.A., Minister of Justice, on August 17 1928 and was one of the earliest buildings in Griffith.

This building is a fine neo-classical building of interwar Georgian revival style. To maximise symmetry on three sides, the south, west and north elevations are developed with classical porticos.

On the west side, the arcaded portico is headed by an entablature and pediment containing the British coat of arms. Set back from the arcaded portico is a cupola and urns. The vents incorporated into the base of the cupola represent the Union Jack.

Located next to the Memorial Gardens; the perfect spot to relax with a coffee or lunch.